Wednesday, July 11, 2007

SUMMER...

..is flying.
(Does that explain why it's been so long since I've had a change to update my blog?)


Anyway, I just returned from a wonderful vacation; one of the first since moving back to Wisconsin where we made few plans--- instead taking time to enjoy working in the yard, catching up on movies, reading and really appreciating the moments we did spend with our own family and friends.
My husband's brother "officially" celebrated his New Year's Day elopement and at the same time we celebrated their Grandfather's 91st birthday!
My family really enjoys the 4th of July and the large number of people coming out every year to take part in the holiday celebration in the small Northeast Wisconsin town where I grew up.
My Dad announces the various entries in the parade! This year; he even stopped and asked people questions about their float, car, etc. It was very funny!
The week wrapped up at a "Little Miss" contest-- I was there to support my brother's girlfriend's grand-daughter. Ooohhh, she was cute and of course I think she should've won.. but it seemed to be a good experience and a fun time for the rest of us.

My time off has also paid off this week at work. I have more energy; my attitude is better and I feel ready to take on whatever is tossed my way.
And I hope you get a few moments to relax, too. It will be winter before we know it!

Teri
tbarr@wisctv.com

Posted at 9:50 PM