Wednesday, April 04, 2007
HIDDEN POTENTIAL.. BUY ME.. MISSION ORGANIZATION..
...recognize any of these titles?
It's HGTV and I am quietly "addicted" to the programming.
Do I really care a room painted green is outdoorsy; calming? (No, but I painted a room green after I saw one they repainted..)
Or learning the roles every person plays in the sale or purchase of a home? (We've been through it too many times ourselves; but sometimes you feel a little better watching someone else struggle to sell a house..)
And then there's the whole idea of "a place for everything.. and everything in its place?" (This one's not quite working for me..)
My husband laughs at me; as I can even have this on as background noise. I might be doing something in a different room--- but an interesting idea comes on; and I'm there.
Or he changes the channel; oooh.. I'm really there!
I think in the end it's just entertainment. It isn't the news of the day and I really don't have to think any further than that. It doesn't make me worry about the people half a world away..
or wonder about the impact of global warming.. or even if I'll ever feel unsafe in Madison.
It's an escape into the world of projects. And something I don't have to feel bad about NOT doing!
Also; we re-aired our original "trend" report on fondue, Tuesday during Live at Five.
If you missed it; you can still find my favorite fondue recipe on a blog-entry earlier this year. It was a big hit with my family--- in the 70's!
One of my co-workers called it "fun-do!"
Enjoy....
Teri
tbarr@wisctv.com
It's HGTV and I am quietly "addicted" to the programming.
Do I really care a room painted green is outdoorsy; calming? (No, but I painted a room green after I saw one they repainted..)
Or learning the roles every person plays in the sale or purchase of a home? (We've been through it too many times ourselves; but sometimes you feel a little better watching someone else struggle to sell a house..)
And then there's the whole idea of "a place for everything.. and everything in its place?" (This one's not quite working for me..)
My husband laughs at me; as I can even have this on as background noise. I might be doing something in a different room--- but an interesting idea comes on; and I'm there.
Or he changes the channel; oooh.. I'm really there!
I think in the end it's just entertainment. It isn't the news of the day and I really don't have to think any further than that. It doesn't make me worry about the people half a world away..
or wonder about the impact of global warming.. or even if I'll ever feel unsafe in Madison.
It's an escape into the world of projects. And something I don't have to feel bad about NOT doing!
Also; we re-aired our original "trend" report on fondue, Tuesday during Live at Five.
If you missed it; you can still find my favorite fondue recipe on a blog-entry earlier this year. It was a big hit with my family--- in the 70's!
One of my co-workers called it "fun-do!"
Enjoy....
Teri
tbarr@wisctv.com
Posted at 9:13 PM
<< Home