Monday, November 13, 2006

HERE'S YOUR "MODEL" UPDATE...

... in case you haven't been able to catch News 3 at 9:
SHE WON!

11-year-old Alicia K. from McFarland is the girl voted #1 via a national model search.
It started with thousands... was whittled down to 12..
then there was a tie.

It took one more week for the votes to roll in for Alicia and she ended up beating a young lady from California in the final tally.

I'm excited for her (as you can read in my last blog-posting) because she's a wonderful young girl who isn't buying into the "model, fame, fortune" idea.
She views this as a way to make money to get to a good college so she can keep swimming.
Good for her!
We'll keep following her story and keep you posted.

Also; we shared the newest trend in scrapbooking in a story last week during News 3 at 9 and News 3 at 10.
I was coached through the art of making a "matchbook-style" scrapbook. We then asked if you would share your reasons for scrapbooking with me.
I've received more than forty e-mails from women, children, and even men---- who love this hobby!
We'll share some of those with you on Tuesday's News 3 at 9, November 14th.. and I'll put some on this blog as well.
It's fun to hear from all of you and admittedly; I was blown away by the response to the scrapbook story.

Thanks.. hope you'll keep watching.. and if you have any comments or suggestions---
e-mail me!
Teri
tbarr@wisctv.com

Posted at 7:43 PM