Tuesday, October 24, 2006
JUMPING ON THE "BAND"WAGON...
...I've taken some time to think about this one. And I've done several stories about the bad behavior of a few members of the U.W. Marching band; as well as reading your thoughts on our web-sites talkback area.
Where you in band?? I remember the friendships and fun as part of my high school band-- a small town band (Marion, Wisconsin) that played like the big time.
Our director was a former U.W. band member/director and expected the best from each of us.
We must've delivered---- during my time in the band, we marched across the Mid-west; from an international parade in Chicago to State Fair competitions.
The crowning glory?? A half-time show at Lambeau Field during a home Packers Game!
I wasn't just a "band-y" (I was also a cheerleader, on the forensics team, in 4-H; you get the idea..) but the music was always something special.
Whatever your opinion on the current issue-- I hope the music remains special to you, too.
Teri Barr
Send me your thoughts:
tbarr@wisctv.com
Where you in band?? I remember the friendships and fun as part of my high school band-- a small town band (Marion, Wisconsin) that played like the big time.
Our director was a former U.W. band member/director and expected the best from each of us.
We must've delivered---- during my time in the band, we marched across the Mid-west; from an international parade in Chicago to State Fair competitions.
The crowning glory?? A half-time show at Lambeau Field during a home Packers Game!
I wasn't just a "band-y" (I was also a cheerleader, on the forensics team, in 4-H; you get the idea..) but the music was always something special.
Whatever your opinion on the current issue-- I hope the music remains special to you, too.
Teri Barr
Send me your thoughts:
tbarr@wisctv.com
Posted at 8:07 PM
<< Home