Tuesday, August 22, 2006
I COULDN'T BELIEVE.....
...the movie "Talladega Nights."
We wanted to see something that would make us laugh---- and it did not disappoint.
Granted; I admit to being a fan of NASCAR. My younger brother has been on pit-crews at the local track level for many years and helped cultivate a stock-car interest in my family.
I also find open-wheel racing exciting due to the quickness of the cars. We're long time ticket-holders to the Indy-500 (pre-break-up of C.A.R.T.; when I really liked this type of racing)
But I never thought these differences could meld together in this movie! (If you haven't seen it; I don't want to give it away...)
Tie that in; with the various pokes at society you'll see (everything from sexual orientation to
living in the South) and it's really a film with a twist on life.
But don't forget... it is just entertainment!
------------------------------------
Speaking of entertaining---- we've had out of town/state guests almost every weekend for the past two months. Our visitors end up loving Madison by the time they leave. It's a first visit for most.. and many say they'll be back next year.
Isn't it fun to live somewhere enjoyable??
------------------------------------
My last blog was about crime in this area. I hoped you'd let me know what you think---- and here's what a couple of you said:
One woman suggested forming citizen groups to patrol neighborhoods. It would be similar to neighborhood watch but taking it to the next step of actual patrolling for trouble.
A man e-mailed with the idea of police officers in street clothes walking around downtown. He believes if something would happen the officers could then be right on the scene to catch the suspect/s.
Another man e-mailed in support of the Guardian Angels patrols. He even suggested they expand prior to trouble cropping up in other parts of the city.
------------------------------------
Comments?? Story Idea's?? I'd love to hear from you!
E-mail me at tbarr@wisctv.com
Cheers.. Teri
We wanted to see something that would make us laugh---- and it did not disappoint.
Granted; I admit to being a fan of NASCAR. My younger brother has been on pit-crews at the local track level for many years and helped cultivate a stock-car interest in my family.
I also find open-wheel racing exciting due to the quickness of the cars. We're long time ticket-holders to the Indy-500 (pre-break-up of C.A.R.T.; when I really liked this type of racing)
But I never thought these differences could meld together in this movie! (If you haven't seen it; I don't want to give it away...)
Tie that in; with the various pokes at society you'll see (everything from sexual orientation to
living in the South) and it's really a film with a twist on life.
But don't forget... it is just entertainment!
------------------------------------
Speaking of entertaining---- we've had out of town/state guests almost every weekend for the past two months. Our visitors end up loving Madison by the time they leave. It's a first visit for most.. and many say they'll be back next year.
Isn't it fun to live somewhere enjoyable??
------------------------------------
My last blog was about crime in this area. I hoped you'd let me know what you think---- and here's what a couple of you said:
One woman suggested forming citizen groups to patrol neighborhoods. It would be similar to neighborhood watch but taking it to the next step of actual patrolling for trouble.
A man e-mailed with the idea of police officers in street clothes walking around downtown. He believes if something would happen the officers could then be right on the scene to catch the suspect/s.
Another man e-mailed in support of the Guardian Angels patrols. He even suggested they expand prior to trouble cropping up in other parts of the city.
------------------------------------
Comments?? Story Idea's?? I'd love to hear from you!
E-mail me at tbarr@wisctv.com
Cheers.. Teri
Posted at 4:34 PM
<< Home