Thursday, January 05, 2006

HAPPY 2006...

...and are you making (or keeping) a resolution this year??
I rang in the New Year in Orlando with our news and sports crews in the midst of our Badgers bowl coverage.
By the time we hit Saturday--- we'd been presenting new stories, live, for every newscast since Wednesday. It basically meant starting work by 9 a.m. and not wrapping up until after the 10 p.m. news.
But, I am certainly not complaining. What a great assignment and such wonderful people we met all along the way to the big WIN!
And as I've mentioned in a past posting; I'd covered the Packers over several years of play-offs and Super Bowls--- but this Badgers game, especially watching the players as they took the trophy around to the fans, thanking them for their support; was heart-warming. For a couple of minutes--- all was good in the world!
Our work-load also meant we didn't have much energy to celebrate the arrival of 2006.
Once the clock hit midnight... we all hit our pillows.
Unfortunately it means not much thought about a resolution on my part--I guess I'll stick to doing the best I can to bring good stories to you as well as enjoying life now that I'm back in Wisconsin.

We're also very proud of our News-3 at 9 on UPN-14 product.
Our live broadcasts from Orlando are a first for the 9 p.m. It took a lot of planning and extra work by everyone involved in the newscast; but we feel it really paid off. We certainly hope you enjoyed it!
We're also very pleased with our first showing as a half-hour newscast during November's
ratings period. We were told not to expect much in viewership numbers; as it usually takes a year to show any impact.
Thanks to you--- we're already piercing into those all-important numbers. It's something that dictates advertising rates and helps us pay the bills.
And of course it's a matter of pride for our team here, as well!
February is another month of keeping track of viewers. We'd like to know if there's something you'd like to see us tackle---- an issue or a story; maybe something you haven't seen anywhere else??
Let us know and we'll do our best to work on it for you!
All the best in the New Year.. (and with your resolutions!)

Teri
tbarr@wisctv.com

Posted at 2:28 PM