Wednesday, September 28, 2005
STILL GETTING SETTLED... ???
I'm realizing as we fall into a nice pattern of getting our stories together for News 3 @ 9 on UPN-14... I'm still very unorganized at home!
Do you remember your last move? And are you; like me, always saying you'll "never move again!" (HA!)
There are still boxes (most at least open... but not unpacked..) everywhere--- from the
garage to the basement. Where does a person get so much stuff?
And after seven moves in the last ten years (a few just across the various towns I lived in..) why do I continue to haul it all with me?
The cool part about this move--- I am going through every single box and now finding those special things long forgotten.
One of my Grandmother's delicate, decorative plates.
It used to hang on her wall.
I can still picture exactly how she displayed it.
It's now on mine.
A book of photo's taken at Camp Randall, long ago.
Finding the pictures include some shots of our friends;
strangers before the Badger Game--- a date set up by the time it ended.
They've now been married 8-years and I have proof I was there at the beginning!
Taking the trip back in time via these memories is making the struggle through the boxes something I didn't think it could be--- enjoyable.
It's also reminding me of all the great places I've had the chance to live and work..
but none, so far; beats this area.
I'm glad I'm back "home!"
Keep your e-mails coming.. and if you have any story idea's; please include those, too!
Teri Barr
tbarr@wisctv.com
Do you remember your last move? And are you; like me, always saying you'll "never move again!" (HA!)
There are still boxes (most at least open... but not unpacked..) everywhere--- from the
garage to the basement. Where does a person get so much stuff?
And after seven moves in the last ten years (a few just across the various towns I lived in..) why do I continue to haul it all with me?
The cool part about this move--- I am going through every single box and now finding those special things long forgotten.
One of my Grandmother's delicate, decorative plates.
It used to hang on her wall.
I can still picture exactly how she displayed it.
It's now on mine.
A book of photo's taken at Camp Randall, long ago.
Finding the pictures include some shots of our friends;
strangers before the Badger Game--- a date set up by the time it ended.
They've now been married 8-years and I have proof I was there at the beginning!
Taking the trip back in time via these memories is making the struggle through the boxes something I didn't think it could be--- enjoyable.
It's also reminding me of all the great places I've had the chance to live and work..
but none, so far; beats this area.
I'm glad I'm back "home!"
Keep your e-mails coming.. and if you have any story idea's; please include those, too!
Teri Barr
tbarr@wisctv.com
Posted at 8:42 PM
<< Home