Tuesday, September 06, 2005
NEWS 3 @ 9 ON UPN-14---- STARTS IN LESS THAN A WEEK!
It's a very exciting time for all of us here at News-3... and we hope you will join us next Monday at 9 p.m. on UPN-14. (For those of you who have been asking--- it's currently available on Charter Cable, DirecTV and DigitalTV.)
However; I cannot do my job here.. without thinking about those devastated by Hurricane Katrina.
I'm sure; like many of you over the Labor Day weekend, I also couldn't stay away from the news coming out of the area.
I've had the honor and privilege to travel our country; bringing the personal stories of both tragedy and triumph home to our viewers wherever I've worked.
Because of that opportunity; I almost ended up calling New Orleans home, on two separate occasions.
I decided against the move both times...
But have continued to be fascinated by the spirit and energy the city exudes.
I've also been lucky enough to make many visits to the area; both personal and professional over the past several years.
Now I wonder---- what will happen to those who survived the storm?
Will the city ever be the same?
As we struggle through this time of uncertainty together; I'm reminded why I continue
to feel lucky to be back in Wisconsin, and in the Madison area in particular.
And I thank so many of you for making me feel that way!
Teri Barr
E-mail me--- tbarr@wisctv.com
However; I cannot do my job here.. without thinking about those devastated by Hurricane Katrina.
I'm sure; like many of you over the Labor Day weekend, I also couldn't stay away from the news coming out of the area.
I've had the honor and privilege to travel our country; bringing the personal stories of both tragedy and triumph home to our viewers wherever I've worked.
Because of that opportunity; I almost ended up calling New Orleans home, on two separate occasions.
I decided against the move both times...
But have continued to be fascinated by the spirit and energy the city exudes.
I've also been lucky enough to make many visits to the area; both personal and professional over the past several years.
Now I wonder---- what will happen to those who survived the storm?
Will the city ever be the same?
As we struggle through this time of uncertainty together; I'm reminded why I continue
to feel lucky to be back in Wisconsin, and in the Madison area in particular.
And I thank so many of you for making me feel that way!
Teri Barr
E-mail me--- tbarr@wisctv.com
Posted at 8:14 PM
<< Home